Start Date: 9/11/2019 2:00 PM EDT
End Date: 9/11/2019 3:15 PM EDT
Event Website: www.imua.org
Join us for this informative webinar on one of the most common transportation debates--over-the-road (truckload) vs. intermodal (rail). Is rail the efficient solution to supply chain challenges?
The focus will be on the Port of Savannah and the movement of freight between target markets in GA, AL, TN and KY. Movement of containers by rail is a growing trend across the U.S. Relevant operations at the Appalachian Regional Port will be highlighted along with underwriting and loss control concerns. .
Check out this video on the Appalachial Regional Port. It's pretty cool!
- Infrastructure issues for consideration
- Reliability and security concerns
- Alternatives to all truck dray
- The challenges of moving 50,000 containers per year
- Ports and vessel throughput
- Benefits and disadvantages of rail and truck
- Engineering/loss control perspective
- Michelle Blank, Chubb
- Wes Lanier, Georgia Ports Authority
- John Venneman, Chubb
- Ryan MacDonald, Georgia Ports Authority