IMUA 2013 Annual Meeting Presentations
Please click on the highlighted links below to view pdfs of the presentation(s) of your choice:
- Hydrofracking presented by Daniel Mason, Senior Vice President/Senior Claims Adjuster, MatthewsDaniel and Gerard Finley, CPCU, Senior Vice President, Casualty Treaty Underwriting, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. - Dan and Gerry presented an overview of hydrofacking covering the process, scope, and magnitude. They discussed the perceived benefits, community response, exposures, operational risks, and lessons from losses.
- Construction Project Management from the Owner's Perspective presented by Tim Diemand, Partner, Wiggin & Dana LLP; Raymond Szczucki, PE, ARM, Account Engineer, Inland Marine ACE USA; Stan Johnson, Managing Director, Disputes, and Investigations, Navigant Construction, Inc.; and Stephan Pitaniello, PE, CFCC, Managing Director, Global Construction Practice, Navigant Consulting, Inc. - Tim, Raymond, and Steve's presentation focused on construction process (owner/designer risk), forward risk management, evaluating property loss exposures and preservation strategies, parties to and their interest in the contract, and project analysis/evaluation from the underwriter's perspective.
- Risk Management: The John James Audubon Bridge Project presented by Sereno Brown, PE, AM ASCE, Chief Design Engineer - Flatiron Construction Corp.; Jeff Burns, Director of Insurance Risk Management, Flatiron Construction Corp.; and Robert McMillian, ARM/CUA, National Property COE, Zurich Services Corp.- The presenters covered engineering/construction methods, risk managment challenges, and loss prevention issues/strategies, experiences, and lessons from losses.
- Property Valuation: What's it Worth to You? presented by Richard Lunt, Technical Director, Buisness Resilience, Zurich Services Corporation and Phillip Moretti, Executive General Adjuster, Zurich Global Energy/Large Loss Property Claims - Rick and Phillip discussed types of valuation and insurable property values, underwriter's role and tools for proper valuation, inaccurate values and and loss settlements. The presentation included case studies.
- Superstorm Sandy: Causes and Effects presented by Mark Bove, CPCU, ARe, Senior Research Meteorologist, Munich Reinsurance America, and Bud Trice, Vice President, Crawford & Company - Mark and Bud focused on types of hurricane damage, sea level rise and coastal development that amplify storm damage, pre-landfall foecasting projections and action, challenges and solutions, and lessons from losses.