- Highlights from Previous IMUA Annual Meetings
- IMUA Regional Seminars and Events
- Get Involved
- Education Resources on Demand
- AIMU Ocean Marine Courses
IMUA 2012 Annual Meeting Presentations
Please click on the highlighted links below to view PDFs of the 2012 Annual Meeting presentations of your choice:
- Session I: Inland Marine: More than Meets the Eye presented by: Jerry Theodorou, Vice President of Insurance Research & Publications, Conning
Session II: CAT Management:
- Catastrophe Modeling Inland Marine Exposures: Is there synergy between catastrophe models, the inland marine underwriter, and the inland marine product lines?, presented by Andrew Castaldi, Senior Vice President, Swiss Re America.
- Risk Management Practices and Inland Marine Exposures: Holistic Frameworks presented by Mark Carvens, Vice President Underwriting & Data Solutions RMS.
- Hazard Mapping in the Inland Marine Industry presented by: James Munson, Director of Consulting Services CDS Business Mapping.
Session III:Faulty Workmanship and Ensuing Losses:
- Faulty Design and Workmanship and Ensuing Losses presented by James Hoey, Partner, Clausen Miller, PC. To read James Hoey's accompanying paper click here
- Faulty Workmanship and Ensuing Losses presented presented by Paul A. Barnett, Vice President of Chubb Insurance Company of Europe SE.
- Workmanship Exclusion: The Contractor Perspective presented by Tammy Pike, Group Insurance Manager, Kiewit Corporation.
Session IV:High Value/High Hazard Equipment:
- Top Five Underwriting Considerations for Cranes: Simple Steps to Help Eliminate Uncertainty presented by Jay Shiffler, Vice President, WHECO Corporation.
- Who’s Responsible: B30.5 Responsibilities 2007 (OSHA and ASME standards and regulations for cranes) presented by Bill Smith, Vice President of Claims and Risk Management, Nations Builders Insurance Services, Inc.
- Crane Valuation: Presented by: Howard “JR” Bristow, President, Bristow Truck & Equipment Specialists, Incorporated.
Session V: Museums and Fine Art: A Risk Management Perspective (Best Practices for Borrowing and Lending Collection Objects) presented by:
- Linda Somerville, Risk Manager, The J. Paul Getty Trust
- Simon Hornby, President, Art Services for Crozier Fine Art
- Neil Lieberman, President, NLA Corp.
- Christopher A. Marinello, General Council, The Art Loss Registry
Session VI:Mexican Cargo Transit:
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Mexico Cargo Transit Strategies presented by Barry Conlon, CEO, FreightWatch.
- Mexico Cargo Transit presented by: Trinidad “TJ” Salazar, Executive Director of the Transborder International Police Association and retired Houston Police Sergeant